Two overall considerations for submitting acceptable artwork are proper resolution or size of the file (to avoid poor quality images) and proper color matching information and proofs (to ensure accurate color reproduction).
Already have artwork to send us? Click Here!
Our desire is to provide you with the best possible quality graphics for your event or exhibit. You can help us in that effort by providing digital art files using the following guidelines. If you are sending us completed print-ready files, please pass this information on to your graphic designer.
Please provide the following when submitting art
Minimum requirement for any art that Sportdecals® will reproduce exactly as provided:
- Vector based file (Illustrator, CorelDRAW or .eps)
- All related PMS and/or CMYK color codes
- 200 dpi resolution at full size of actual finished product
Minimum requirement for any art element that Sportdecals® will use to create artwork:
- 300 dpi resolution (higher resolution files will result in improved final product).
Minimum requirements for both:
- All related PMS and/or CMYK color codes (If submitting CMYK values, please supply accurate color swatches).
- Accurate color proof print of artwork
- If submitting a vector type file, include all fonts, or convert fonts to outlines or paths.
Acceptable software file formats
We are capable of working with both PC and MAC based software, and can accept art created with the following software (listed in order of preference):
- Adobe - Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop (layers)
- PS / EPS / AI / CDR / PSD
- PDF files containing vector
- Microsoft Publisher
Files should always be saved in their native format. Please include all fonts and images. (Placing a jpeg into a program and saving it does not make it vector.)
Acceptable file types
Files that Sportdecals® can use include (listed in order of preference):
- EPS and AI (especially when submitting logos)
- TIF (especially when submitting photos)
- JPG (provided resolution is high enough for photo image... not recommended for logos)
File types that we cannot use to reproduce high quality graphics include:
- GIF files
- Microsoft Office software files such as Word (.doc) or PowerPoint (.ppt) file types
File types we cannot accept
- Self-extracting files, such as EXE or SEA files
- HTML, XML files
We will accept copyrighted artwork if accompanied by written permission from the copyright holder, otherwise we cannot use copyrighted or trademarked artwork. We can create something better than the copyrighted or trademarked logo or design.
Our art department is proud to create FREE custom artwork for our customers. Due to the volume of custom orders we handle, we will provide a maximum of two revisions at no charge. Additional revisions may be subject to a nominal art charge. Sportdecals® owns the copyrights for any and all custom designs produced in connection with this order and reserves the exclusive right to reproduce or publicly display such designs.